Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Tough Pill to Swallow (but an important one, nonetheless)

Hello to all the dear sisters I got to talk with today at our stake Relief Society conference. I appreciate your insight and your spirit that you brought to our class.


This video is Sister Beck who was recently released as the general Relief Society president. She sets a pretty high standard for prioritizing: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/messages/2010/04/prioritize-with-personal-revelation


So I have to confess, I am a tv-aholic. Seriously, I love watching tv so much. I didn't have time to tell you that in our meeting today, but I know that watching tv is both not important and not urgent. We -must- have balance in all things, and I know putting my feet up and watching a good show is okay to do (otherwise, why would byutv exist?), but I find myself needing to be really careful here and to heed Sister Beck's counsel. We are not to run faster than we have strength, but again Sister Beck gives us a challenge of needing to have our immortal spirits override our mortal brains.  I'm not giving up tv right now, but I see this is something I need to carefully consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment